Friday, September 14, 2007

San Francisco cont.

We took the Ferry back across to San Francisco to the Ferry Building under the Oakland Bay Bridge, sans luggage this time, so that we could ride a historic (ca. 1930's) streetcar,



















as opposed to the more expensive cable car (1873), down Marketstreet. At the southern end we saw where the people of a particular lifestyle hang out. Then on our way back up to Embarcadero by the piers I and the older 5 kids got out by the Levi complex with beautiful grounds to make our
ascent up to Coit Tower on Telegraph Hill. George, Rebecca and the camera hung out at Pier 39 with the Sea Lions while we ascended the 530ish (there are conflicting, and I mean confrontationally conflicting, counts among my eldests, well it's 4 against 1, Jared, who's supposed to be the math genius, but in this case he's just plain wrong) stairs up the steep, tropically be-gardened and wild parrot-ed hill up to the tower, where the view of the city and the Bay is absolutely magnificent. We got videos instead.

Then we walked down the famous Lombard street, met up with George, had hot dogs and garlic pizza on Fisherman's Wharf and finally got in line for our excursion to Alcatraz Island that needs to be, and thankfully was, reserved a month in advance.



2 comments:

  1. No way. My legs and my lung capacity say different! I think there is more than one stairway up telegraph hill, maybe the count you found started on the shorter side. "I figured I must have been mistaken but prodded (in a very confident manner) anyway", and you want to pursue Theology! Then you apologize a month later while pulling out a statistic possibly proving you right in the first place. I just don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember when you took a video of Ben and Jeremy jumping off the edge of the steep precipice? That was cool... And then when, oh wait, I want to build the suspense in case we ever get around to uploading the videos.

    ReplyDelete